fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

nuts are not just for snacking and trail mix.

• stonyman002
  • stonyman002's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
05 Apr 2021 14:33 #6027 by stonyman002
I found a good book in a yard sale that is a real gem. "20 Basics of Self-Sufficiency". copyright 1980.
Over the next few weeks I'll share bits and pieces that may come in handy for folks collecting forgotten information.

Carrot-nut loaf
1 cup ground raw cashews, almonds,walnuts or pecans. (whatever you have growing in your back yard.)
1 cup cooked brown rice.
1 cup raw carrots grated.
1/2 cup wheat germ.
2 tablespoons bran.
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
1 cup dices fresh tomatoes or tomato sauce.
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped.
1/2 teaspoon thyme.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Pack into a buttered or oiled loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.

Home canned nuts.
Spread nutmeats in a thin layer on a cookie sheet or baking pan and heat for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 250 degrees. Stir the nuts every 10 minutes to make sure that they are drying evenly. Fill dry, sterilized canning jars with hot nutmeats and process in either a boiling-water bath or a steam-pressure process.

Vegetarian nut patties.
1 cup soft bread crumbs.
1 tablespoon butter.
1 cup cooked brown rice.
2 teaspoons sage.
1/2 teaspoon paprika.
3/4 cup chopped cashews.
3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
2 eggs, beaten.
1/4 teaspoon celery seed.
1 teaspoon minced onion.

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Shape as patties and saute until golden brown in vegetable oil.

I would think you could substitute what ever nuts you have available.

Nut Butters

Crush peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts or brazil nuts in a blender or with a rolling pin until fine. you may need to add a tiny bit of peanut oil to make it spreadable.
note, make only what you intend to use or keep extra in the refrigerator.

I have often wondered what I would do in a SHTF when the peanut butter ran out.... Now I know how to make my own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trail, TNPrepper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stonyman002
  • stonyman002's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
09 Apr 2021 12:09 #6030 by stonyman002
Replied by stonyman002 on topic nuts are not just for snacking and trail mix.
Please login to view the answers

More
26 Apr 2021 12:46 #6040 by trail
Please login to view the answers