fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Dehydration success

• TNPrepper
  • TNPrepper's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2020 12:03 #5238 by TNPrepper
Dehydration success was created by TNPrepper
I have a 9 tray Excalibur dehydrator and have spent most of the lockdown dehydrating items.

Sweet corn - get a bag of frozen corn from the grocery store and dehydrate for about 4 hours. I currently have 4lbs of corn in a single quart size zip lock bag.

Bell peppers - I currently get these from the store but will switch to gardening next year. Dice and dehydrate. They ake longer than the corn but take up about half as much space

Ground beef - Yes! I though you could only pressure can ground beef but I was wrong. Found a recipe on a camping forum. Brown one pound of ground beef. drain the grease and put the beef in a strainer. Wash the beef with hot water to remove any additional grease. dehydrate for about 3 hours. a quart jar will hold about 2.25 pounds of beef.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jewels74

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.