fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

bags

• trail
  • trail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Prepper
  • Platinum Prepper
More
27 Mar 2020 13:35 #3581 by trail
bags was created by trail
Last fall I was at an antique/resale store, and the clerk/vendor was selling brown garbage bags for $1 a roll. I remarked at the price, bought a few, and she was so excited to tell me she'd ordered all sorts of plastic bags on Amz for incredible prices -- by large rolls.

Online I bought clear ones, they arrived just fine, strong. Clear are hard to find (lg.) in stores, and I like to pack boxes to be more waterproof, but still visible. There have been things I've moved back and forth between the garage, basement -- which are very humid. So I'm hoping this will safe some grief over moldy smells and damp warping.

On another thread I'd posted about sheer lightweight organza bags, cheese-draining cotton bags, and I've also found the flat cellophane sealable ones for paper.
And lunch bags to pack food inside, if it would otherwise touch plastic. I sound obsessed, but have spent less than I would on a year's worth of regular garbage bags. It has been fun trying different solutions.

I also ordered acrylic pens "for rock painting" so I'll have opaque pens to label food containers. And for playing. Waiting for arrival.

Having too much fun thinking of solutions, experimenting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.