fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

panic buying is starting

• stonyman002
  • stonyman002's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
25 Oct 2020 12:35 #5339 by stonyman002
panic buying is starting was created by stonyman002
I am in south west florida on the gulf coast. I went out yesterday ( 24 oct ) to pick up a few items.

At the Home Depot I walked through the cleaning isles. In the past the tp and the paper towels each had two sections of shelf's yesterday together they had one shelf section combined and other cleaning supplies were moved around to fill the spaces. They did have plenty of tiki oil for my outside lamps and that was what I went in to get.

At the aldis I noticed that they have started limiting the number of cans again. they had taken off the limits for a while. Most of their canned vegetables have went up in price from 50 cents a can to 65 cents a can. I know.... thats only 15 cents a can but for those that cannot do simple math that is a 30 percent increase. but their shelf's were stocked.

At wal mart there are no limits on canned goods. All they had left of store brand vegetables were green beans . their store brands were still 50 cents a can and they had plenty of the more expensive name brand vegetables. In the canned meat they were sold out of canned roast beef, spam, and the chicken was very low. they still had plenty of canned tuna. water and tp was still ok. No lamp oil for my hurricane lamp ( which was one of the items on my list) In the camping section plenty of one pound cans of propane but thay have went up more than 20 percent in price. No water purification tablets and I snagged the last life straw. As I was in the store I counted 7 carts where folks were buying flats of canned foods. I started a conversation with 3 of them and they were preparing for the election.

At the dollar general I found 6 cans of roast beef and other than that they were stripped bare. I did get their last two boxes of dog food that my internal security staff prefers.

It was encouraging to see that folks were stocking up on food this time and not so much on TP. maybe some lessons were learned during the last panic buying at the start of this plandemic. either that or they still have plenty of TP. LOL

Whats happening in your area?
The following user(s) said Thank You: trail, GinLouWho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sandys cookbook1
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
25 Oct 2020 20:44 - 25 Oct 2020 20:47 #5341 by sandys cookbook1
Replied by sandys cookbook1 on topic panic buying is starting
Please login to view the answers

More
27 Oct 2020 15:21 #5343 by GinLouWho
Replied by GinLouWho on topic panic buying is starting

• sandys cookbook1
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
27 Oct 2020 19:44 - 27 Oct 2020 19:46 #5345 by sandys cookbook1
Replied by sandys cookbook1 on topic panic buying is starting
The following user(s) said Thank You: GinLouWho

More
31 Oct 2020 19:37 #5356 by trail
Replied by trail on topic panic buying is starting