fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

So, here I am. "Sheltering in place"

More
20 Mar 2020 13:04 - 20 Mar 2020 13:07 #3472 by Kansas Terri
So, here I am. "Sheltering in place" was created by Kansas Terri
My immune system has been suppressed, and so I cannot afford to get this thing and so I am staying home even though only a few people in my area are sick..... so far. I have heard that the number of cases double in perhaps every 4 days?

It took us a few days to get the household into shape: even though I am a prepper I found that I was short an amazing number of things, including milk, dish soap, pet food, chicken food, kitty litter, FLOUR!, yadda yadda yadda. It took me 3 trips to get what I needed for the next few months, and THEN my husband watched the news and went out late to get bags of canned chili, spagetti sauce, etc.

It was surprisingly hard work, but I think that I am ready to go even though I now see that we are low on the odd thing. Well. If I need to I can send my husband.

Speaking of my husband, he will be working from home during the next 2 weeks.

Of greater concern is that I hear that the vegetable growers are having trouble getting people to plant their fields because it is now hard to enter the country. They will PROBABLY work that out, but, if they do not then I intend to have an excellent garden this year anyways. It is a bit too soon to start one now as it may snow today. I have a few starts but I do not have the room to raise many seedlings unless I can use the deck, and it has mostly been in the 40's. I DID plant salad greens in pots over a week ago but they are refusing to come up. It is just too early!

I have heard from a couple of different sources that the anti-malarial meds are showing GREAT promise, but I do not expect them to be available to us for months: they need to figure the dosage, test it further on volunteers, make and distribute it, etc. In this case Africa might do better than was feared, as they already HAVE anti-malarial drugs on hand!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackParr68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.