fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

My permaculture potato bed is doing very well!

• Kansas Terri
  • Kansas Terri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
13 Jun 2021 16:10 - 13 Jun 2021 16:12 #6068 by Kansas Terri
When I harvested last Fall I threw back some little potatos that I did not want. I figured they woulld either grow next year or they would not

Well they sprouted this spring. I did have to cover them against a late frost but I was successful in saving the plants: A few got nipped back a little but I pruned that off and then they looked fine.

Well, we had a cool wet spring and a lot of plants did not do very well. And, when the potato plants turned yellow early I figured that they, too, were suffering from illness brought about from too much water and too little sun. But I was wrong, as I dug up 6 pounds of potatos from about 8 square foot of bed! That is a little bit above average, actually. I hope the rest of the bed does as well!

It is early in the year: I will plant that bed to tropicals for a second harvest. And, yes, I again threw the tiny potatos back. I have no idea if they will grow next year or if they will grow later this year, but since that bed is already giving me one harvest and I expect a second harvest from okra and such, it is ALL good!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 19:18 #6075 by alm1071
Please login to view the answers

• Kansas Terri
  • Kansas Terri's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
23 Jun 2021 15:47 #6080 by Kansas Terri
Replied by Kansas Terri on topic My permaculture potato bed is doing very well!
Please login to view the answers