fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

How to grow a 40'x40' garden in the flood water area

• DDP
  • DDP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
17 Mar 2021 19:34 #6008 by DDP
I have about a 40'x40'area that floods about 3-4 x a growing season that floods with cantaminated flood water and sewage and limestone mixed it gets about 1 1/2-2'deep question is can I make a garden bed like Eds at 3-4' higher than the flood water so I can grow without cantaminating the veggies I have tried to grow vegetables in 4' Long and 1' high and 1' high garden boxes that I built but between the cat's useing the boxes as a litter box it does not grow vegetables. Tomatoes greenpeppers and cucumbers or green onions. About 4 years ago I grew really huge veggies in the ground in the area but there has been to many floods and killed and cantaminated the ground so much now that it still floods and the ground is no good for growing anything but weed grass so is the garden bed boxes that ED uses good enough to keep the flood water out of the garden and how can I keep the cats from useing the boxes I built so I can try to start growing vegetables again thank you for any information you can provide and thank you for your time Matt AKA DDP ME ME This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2021 12:15 #6010 by TNPrepper
Please login to view the answers
The following user(s) said Thank You: DDP

More
18 Mar 2021 12:50 #6011 by stonyman002
The following user(s) said Thank You: DDP, TNPrepper

• DDP
  • DDP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
18 Mar 2021 15:31 #6012 by DDP