fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Hi, guys. I have been too busy with this COVID stuff to come here, but we are

More
21 Jul 2020 23:35 #4803 by Kansas Terri
We are doing pretty good. The food that we stored in the pantry turned out to be well chosen, though we top it of every week or two. I froze milk by pouring out a little so that the jug would not split when the contents expanded due to freezing, and I opened up the last jug yesterday.

I have gotten the knack of shopping: I wear a mask when I go inside and I have a tub of wipes so that I can clean my hands and the door handles when I get in. The items I bought are all wiped down with wipes before they are put away.

My son is on the autistic spectrum, and he is really enjoying the COVID! Most of his friends are on-line, as he types very well but his speech is halting. So, because of COVID his friends are all hope and he can go on-line and BS with them. I have gien him masks and explained how to use them and how to clean them, as he is also asthmatic. It would be far, FAR better if he does not catch this, and I know he goes to the quick shop for caffiene most mornings. I cannot talk him out of it and he has a section 8 apartment so he pretty much does as he wishes.

My daughter suffers greatly from stress! And, she is having serious trouble with her joints so between the anxiety, the joint pain, and the frequent doctors appointments she is NOT a happy camper! She will have an MRI later this week, and then she gets to wait for the results. She is really struggling.

My garden is doing well enough, and I think that I will start the winter with a stash of potatos, sweet potatos, onions, and cantalope leather. I poked whatever leftover seeds that I had where ever there was a gap where a plant failed, and it appears that it was the cantalope that sprouted. I am not sure but I think I will have more cantalope that I can eat fresh and so I will make fruit leather. I would have prefered it if I ALSO had had more seeds of squash, cucumber, and watermelon sprout as well but they did not. The weather was odd this year, AGAIN!

We had the third cool wet spring in a row, to the point where the farmers again planted their corn late. That is OK as the summer weather has been most excellent for corn and the harvest should be reasonable. Looking at the weather the last few years I believe that the Soar Minimum people are close to the truth. The weather has been cooler these last few years: not enough to kill the crops but enough the decrease the yeilds a bit. Also it has been difficult to get my warm-weather vegetables started, though once they get going they do pretty well. In previous years I have had ripe tomatos and watermelons by now and that is NOT happening: I think my largest melon is only the size of a 50 cent piece and my tomatos will need to double in size before they get ripe. The potatos, onions, and string beans are fine, but they tolerate cool springs far better than melons and okra do!

On the job front, my husband and his co-workers were sent to work at home. And, my husband was going to retire anyways this year, and so he has retired as of 3 weeks ago. That means that the office where he works might not have to cut back on staff as they have decreased by one person. I think his co-workers are relieved. They took him to lunch on his last day and he came home with a lot of small, thoughtful gifts.

And, I await the vaccination with bated breath! I am an introvert but I am NOT enjoying being a HERMIT! I will let other people get the vaccine for a few months, and then I will see how well they have done. Then, and ONLY then, I will decide if I want the vaccine

I miss the fun we usually have during the summer! Here in the Midwest people mostly stay home during the cold and the ice, but in the summer the pools open, there are neighborhood yard sales and farmers markets and various fairs. and DH and I like to go sightseeing on the odd weekend and stop for lunch. I really MISS that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JackParr68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.